Wednesday 8 June 2011

Post 8, in which bad luck comes in threes...

This morning, I went to straighten my hair, the way I do every morning. I turn on my GHD only to hear it make some crazy tweeting noises and refuse to heat up. I tried to flatten my hair down with some water but it only made it more crazy.

Walking out the front door on my way to work I notice something is different but it took me a moment to realise what. The letterbox! Had to call our useless real estate to report it (last time we reported our broken oven, it took a month for them to get back to us only to tell us to deal with the manufacturer directly) who knows how long it will take to get another one. Our mail is being held at the depot until we get a new box.

Driving to work, I spotted the letterbox all smashed up about 500 metres up the road. Hubby later went to retreive it and here is what is left of it:


I arrived at work and sat down in my workshop only to have someone trip and spill a cappuccino all over my coat. She was pretty apologetic and I felt bad for her.

Anyway, with all my bad luck over by 9am, I had a pretty good day after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment