Wednesday 15 June 2011

Post 13, In which I do the 7 things thing

Seven things that scare me:

1. Mice
2. Big hairy spiders
3. Eventually regretting not experiencing as much of life as I could manage
4. Ignorance
5. Tony Abbott
6. Living in one of the only 'developed' countries in the world still debating the theory of climate change instead of developing policy
7. Pain

Seven things I like:

1. My job
2. Animals (except mice and spiders)
3. Making things
4. My hubby
5. Travelling
6. Pumpkin
7. Scuba diving

Seven random facts about me:

1. I have my advanced open water diver's license
2. I lived in Ireland for 3 years and met my Irish hubby there
3. I am mostly vegetarian but will eat fish sometimes
4. I know a lot of nonsense phrases in Polish, Spanish, Japanese, French and Irish
5. I used to have dreadlocks

6. I have been to NYC twice
7. When I was 14, I won a competition to get a poem published in a book. The book wasn't published until I was 20.

Seven things I want to do before I die

1. Take the Trans-Siberian railway from Bejing to Moscow via Mongolia
2. Travel through Central America and climb the active volcano Pacaya in Guatemala
3. Travel to Bolivia
4. Run 5ks
5. Be fluent in another language
6. Touch my toes!
7. Design and build my own eco home out of straw.

Seven things I can do well:

1.My job
2.Make soft toys
3. Multitask
4. Pick up people's accents when they talk to me and accidentally talk back to them in their accent.
5. Get angry at the news
6. Make soup
7. Think spacially

Seven things I can’t do but wish I could:

1. Travel more
2. Be better at the guitar
3. Knit more than the same stitch
4. Apply makeup neatly
5. Play the flute or tin whistle
6. See those magic pictures that were all the rage in the early 90s
7. Dance

Seven phrases I’m known to use:

1. Whaaaat?
2. Cool
3. No worries
4. What the?
5. Shite
6. How's the head and the price of cabbage
7. I often speak in Simpsons quotes too...

1 comment:

  1. lots of us want to speak another language!

    ReplyDelete