Saturday 11 June 2011

Post 11, in which I bake a cake.

Hubby and I get a box of fruit and veg delivered every week. This stems from my hatred of grocery shopping but that's a whole other post. Some weeks we just can't seem to get through the huge amounts of food. This week was one of those weeks.

I seem to have accumulated vast quantities of apples, onions, pumpkins and carrots. To get through these, I spent the day in the kitchen. Today I made a roast pumpkin and sweet potato soup, roast pumpkin and pinenut salad, roasted carrot soup and an apple cake.

Here is my recipe for apple cake. It's pretty easy.

2-4 apples (grated)
1 cup of sultanas
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups of self raising flour
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp cinnamon
100g butter (melted)


Mix all ingredients together, transfer to baking tin and bake in oven at 180 C for 40 mins.


No icing needed, just spread a little butter on top and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon.

Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment